Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thanksgiving Point and Farwell to the Missionaries

August 8, 2009

Grandpa and Grandma Anderson had to wait a bit longer in the MTC for their visa’s, so we were lucky to be able to go and visit them again.  We got to have a little tour of the MTC, see their room, and take a trip to Thanksgiving point to the Dinosaur Museum.  It was a great day, but once again it was hard to say goodbye again.mtc with emma and henry by bikes

Grandma and Grandpa sent a postcard to Henry and Emma of this statue.  They carried it around with them everywhere.  It was fun for them to see it in person.IMG_9377

IMG_9379

It was a beautiful day and we so enjoyed being outside together.jon at mtc

What would a visit to the MTC be without a superman pose.  (Jon was sore for like two days after this photo)

dad at mtc - by the pole

Sorry I forgot to photoshop the other leg!  Every Anderson has one of these pictures in the MTC-I still need to get a hold of Grandma Anderson’s photo!IMG_9357

Henry was actually a bit frightened at this museum.IMG_9353

Or frightening?

IMG_9347

IMG_9350

It doesn’t look like it, but Emma loved digging with Grandpa.

IMG_9366

Dun.dun.dun.dun.dun.DUN.DUN.DUN.DUN…AHHHHH!IMG_9335

IMG_9344

We ate some yummy lunch

IMG_9339

IMG_9340

IMG_9341

Made some sweet sour faces

IMG_9375

And dropped the best missionary couple off in their luxury MTC suite.  Love you Grandma and Grandpa!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I love their sour faces! Emma has such a sweet look... I want to squeeze her.

Katie Jane said...

You make me laugh so hard! Or frightening? Classic. Miss your face by the way. I hope you are feeling better.

Michelle said...

Wow, this post makes me miss my parents but thank goodness we will be seeing them in less than a month! Hallelujah - what a wonderful celebration we will have at Tina's wedding. Its great to see more posts.

Andie said...

Melissa- that superman pose was hilarious! Tell Jon that Daniel empathizes with his soreness- he did a back hand spring about a year ago and tore his abs and dislocated his shoulder (which happens a lot actually) So I just had to laugh at that and Grandpa's attempt at the pose. Good luck to those missionaries- we need to get together soon!

geeno said...

before i scrolled down all the way i was like "woah, jon's dad is in good shape to be able to do that still!" and then i saw the unphotoshopped leg - ha!

jon's mom looks way too cool calm and collected to be standing in front of a ginormous shark mouth

Wendy P said...

I can't get over how little Charlie is. Were these pictures recent. I tell you, Lily would crush charlie if she sat on him and they are close to 6 months apart. I love that you are blogging again. I have missed catching up