January:
Henry’s 5th Birthday!
Henry turned five and requested an r2d2 cake-We can’t believe how big he is!
On his real birthday we took him bowling with some of his cousins and had a bowling brownie’s. He was actually really sick that day and didn’t really enjoy it much, but I think I bribed him for this picture.
February:
My sweet Gramy Parrish passed away this month. Charlie and I got to go and visit her in the hospital just a week before she passed on. She was doing really great that day and we had a wonderful visit. I am so grateful that I was able to have that last time with her. She is so sweet and greatly missed.
She just loved playing and watching Charlie. He was such a good little baby.
While I was there I noticed this picture of my Grandma, Aunt and Uncle on the wall. I finally realized who Charlie looks like! My Aunt Darla who is on the right.
The funeral was beautiful and we all got to celebrate her life and the person that she was. It was also really great to be together with family.
All the Grandchildren were able to take a flower home-we dried ours and Henry always tells me it was from Great Grandma.
Jon celebrated a big birthday:
He informed us months in advance that this was a very special birthday because it was on 2-10 in 2010. We decided that something this important deserved a big painted banner. He was very pleased.
Happy birthday Jon we love you!
Celebrated the day of Love
March:
Charlie got his first Hair Cut. It was needed pretty badly.
He looks so grown up! So handsome.
Emma got her nails painted with Great Grandma Price
Henry turned fruity.
Started Soccer and made the thumbs up cool again! He was pretty busy.
We made lots of yummy applesauce
And colored lots of Easter Eggs
I meant to say lots and lots…
April:
We enjoyed our annual snow in the tub
Henry and his friend Ivan made some sweet Star Wars snowmen
The Easter Bunny came to visit our house. It was Charlie’s first Easter and he loved all the excitement. I loved Celebrating at home this year instead of being in the hospital!
We had a neighborhood hunt in the snow!
Emma got pretty tuckered out after that!
And Charlie wasted no time going for the goods.
We then went to a hunt inside Grandma and Grandpa Parrish’s house.
Happy Easter!
Henry enjoying a little time outside in the snow
While Emma enjoys a little time inside.
We went to baby Animal Days and had a grand time as usual. This time the weather was a little colder, but it was still a really great day.
Henry has always wanted to try and pull the ribbon off the goat, but has always been too scared. This year he faced his fear! Henry almost gave up when the little guy started jumping around, but he came back and finished successful!
We went to Idaho for baby Afton’s blessing. She looked so beautiful. We got a picture of Afton and Mason as well-so funny and cute!
Jon went shooting with some of the family. Good times in Idaho.
Right after the blessing we drove home to Logan and went to Grandma and Grandpa Parrish’s house to roll our Easter Eggs. Finally the snow had melted!
I LOVE rolling Easter Eggs.
Lately we have been bringing out the sling shot after rolling them a few times down the hill. Henry really got into this!
Charlie loved sitting in the grass playing with eggs.
All the babies that are within 8 months of each other. Oldest to youngest-left to right Jonathan, Charlie, Tagg and Lily
There was some pretty good competition going on with how far we could roll the eggs without them breaking. I am pretty sure I won and I had a baby in one arm!
Always have to get a ride with Grandpa on the four-wheeler.
Charlie turned ONE!!! We celebrated with a Charlie Brown party.
He got a sweet Ken doll for his birthday. Thanks McKay and Holly! I guess we deserved it, that is what we got Carter for one of his birthday’s.
He LOVED his cake, as you can see.
He also loved the sweet car from his Mom and Dad. Happy Birthday Charlie we love you so much!
I love first birthday’s so much we couldn’t help but celebrate again on his real birthday. He took a lot to get here, but boy are we glad to have him in our family!
The next day the poor kid’s skin suffered a little from the frosting.
Henry and two of his cousin’s Mason and Gage were on the same soccer team this year. It was hilarious to watch. Mostly Henry just ran around making noises and faces like he was working really hard, but never touched the ball much.
He also just really enjoyed looking at his shoes while he ran!
May:
Emma turned 3!!! She wanted a princess cake-she really just wanted to play with the cake so we gave her another present a little early.
She was such a doll and loved every minute of the attention! She got a princess bike from us and she LOVES it!
She is lucky and get’s to share her birthday with her cute little cousin Miles. We love you Emma-you are a joy in our lives!
I just can’t get enough of birthday’s and usually end up celebrating at least twice!
Took this awesome picture of a Rainbow cloud in my backyard.
The next day there was kind of another one. Pretty cool.
Henry got his tonsils out and tubes put in. He was super brave and it has really helped a lot!
They let us watch the surgery on a tv. Neither Jon nor I do very well with that kind of stuff, but we felt like bad parent’s if we didn’t watch. I peeked through my fingers the majority of the time!
Henry looked like this after. And he got this. He LOVED all the extra attention and food and prizes he got. I think he would do it again just for that!
Just to see how big Charlie was in May
I took Jon’s sister Tina’s Bridals. It was so much fun with all the sister’s and Tina’s funny-ness.
Here are just a few, but I actually took like a million.
We went to Bear Lake for a family reunion the end of May first of June. It was COLD! We got together with my Mom’s side of the family and loved spending time with them. We visited Minnetonka Cave one of the days.
Went boating…
Played on the beach…
Went four-wheeling…
And celebrated my Dad’s birthday! Such a fun trip.
June:
Jon’s sister Kristina got married to Fernando. It was beautiful and freezing with some rain in there. We had such a great time being together as a family especially because Jon’s parent’s came home for a little while from their mission in Prague to attend the wedding.
Congratulations Tina and Fernando!
We got to spend some quality time in Salt Lake with the Missionaries and the rest of the family.
We visited the zoo
celebrated some birthday’s
Let Grandma Price drive/crash Jon’s remote control car-look how happy it made her!
We got lots of fun cousin time in. Thanks for getting Married Shupe’s
I got a fun girl’s night in along the way too. I love these girls-you too Christine.
We can’t forget Father’s Day. Isn’t he the sweetest Daddy!
We got my Dad an awesome seat for his Four Wheeler that we are all enjoying!
July:
Taggart’s first birthday fell on the night that Logan city does their fireworks. We went to a fun party at their house then headed to the fireworks that night. It was a super fun day.
Happy Birthday Tagg!
We had one of our first Jamba events that night for the fireworks, so Jon didn’t get to join us, but we stopped by the tent to say hello.
Charlie played musical chairs the whole night! It was a fun show.
I tried to get a few pictures of the kids after church-it never really works out!
Emma wouldn’t be in more than one, but the boys had fun playing around.
We got lot’s of fun fireworks/sparklers in this year
All that fun really wore the kiddos out!
This is how Henry came home from the neighbors house.
They decided to paint their faces with the soot from the fire pit.
He was actually quite frightening.
My Grandma and Aunt came to visit. I got a four-generation picture. It was fun to see them!
Gage had another one of his awesome birthday’s. I took Charlie down this year for his first time. With the binky in his mouth, he really didn’t mind it too much!
Henry was brave and went down by himself and I am not really sure that Emma ever got around to it. So much fun, can’t wait until next year!
North Logan pioneer parade-we always get so much candy here!
We had another Jamba event that night for Logan City-we got to listen to Peter Brineholt and watch fireworks. It was a good night.
We went up the canyon to play in the water with some of our neighbors/friends. The kids had so much fun tubing, I love my neighborhood!
Henry had a love/hate relationship with the tube, but Emma was all smiles!
Just a few random pictures/projects we have been doing this month.
Henry learning to ride the BIG bike without training wheels. It took a little getting used to, but he is doing great now!
August:
My awesome friend/neighbor did clover bud 4-H in her garage this summer. Henry loved it. Here they are learning about fighting weeds.
They learned about soil and their main project was to plant a zucchini and then make something out of it for the fair. Henry knew from the beginning what he wanted to make…
A toilet.
It was a lot of fun. We both entered some produce as well as some photographs, drawings and some crocheted hats. Henry was even more excited when he got his $11.00 at the end. Wahoo! The fair is fun, fun.
We took the kids to Lagoon for the first time with some awesome family. It was sooo much fun. We even bought Charlie a ticket because he could go on so many of the rides. We stayed until the wee hours of the night and then went back for the bounce back.
We will defiantly be doing this again in the future-I had no idea how many kid rides there were!
Henry started Kindergarten! I can’t believe that he is big enough to go to school. He was so excited but a little nervous, kind of like me. He has a wonderful teacher and a great class with some neighborhood kids that he already knows.
I couldn’t help but snap a picture of his classroom. I know I am an annoying camera Mom. Way to go Henry we love you!
For Family Home Evening we decided to use all of our rather large zucchini's and make boats out of them and float them down a stream.
There was hardly any water and it wasn’t moving much, but it was fun anyway! Mine and Emma’s sunk right off the bat, oh well maybe next year…
Just some random pictures from August. The bottom ones are of a hat Henry wanted me to help him make that he saw on Curious George. After we made it he informed me that we needed to fill it with candy and then when they wanted a piece all they had to do was reach up and get it out of their hat. I think it was just a ploy to give him some candy!
September:
We went to Bear Lake for the day as a family. No one was there and it was the perfect day. We could have stayed longer if the sun just would have just stayed up for us!
We built sand castles, drove trucks, collected shells and Danced and danced and danced!
We went on a long 4-wheeler ride up to Mount Logan with my Dad and Sister’s family. It was pretty cold, but oh so beautiful!
We were freezing and filthy when we got back, but it was so much fun!
Got together with my treehouse girls again. This time we had Christine and are missing Jen. Such great friends!
We went to Idaho for Janelle’s baby shower (sorry you aren’t in any of the pictures!)
Jon and I were lucky enough to get to go to a Jamba conference in San Francisco thanks to our awesome Sister-in-Law Rachel and my brother. We were just planning to be gone over night, but then the flight was cancelled due to some bad weather so we stayed two nights and got to go and see Wicked with my parents and other brother who happened to be in California for work as well! Thanks again Morgan and Rachel you are the best!
We got to go to a Giants vs. Dodgers game at AT&T Park (Giants won and went on to win the world series-I know big stuff right), due to our canceled flight we also got to go and see Wicked from the 4th row because they were last minute tickets! Such a fun short trip.
Oh yeah and we were motivated in our meeting’s by Opera Winfrey’s boyfriend who was our motivational speaker. Wow, hope we get to go next year to the meeting, maybe Opera herself will be there…
We went up to Spring Hollow for our annual outing for my Mom’s birthday. I love this tradition and always look forward to it.
My brother McKay even made an awesome colorful first that night-amazing!
We bought some land in North Logan for our future home. So exciting!
October:
We drove to Bear Lake to look at some cabins to rent next summer when Jon’s parents returned from their mission. It was pretty chilly, but we couldn’t help play on the beach and in the water for a little bit.
It was so beautiful and of course we were all alone on the beach.
On the way home we stopped by Tony’s Grove and fished for a bit
Henry caught 13 fish in about an hour. Jon caught a few too. It was so much fun!
When it started to get dark Emma and Charlie and I hung out in the car and could still see when they caught a fish. We would honk for them as we ate our treats.
I took a bunch of pictures of the Logan Temple. I think it is such a beautiful Temple and I love seeing it light up in the Valley. Even Charlie has to point it out anytime we can see it.
October is the best month because it is my BIRTHDAY!!! I love celebrating and Jon is so great to always do something fun for me. My best present though is that I usually get to sleep in on my birthday-I think about it all year long!
We went to Salt Lake and went to the aquarium and then Jon’s sister babysat that night and we ate at Red Lobster-Yummy!
We celebrated again later that week at my parent’s house. I love birthdays!
We went fishing again with some of our friends. It was freezing, the picnic was freezing, we had some success, but not as much as the week before. Fun to be with friends though.
We went to Idaho so Jon could go camping with some friends. The 11 kiddos and the better half of these three stayed at the Kraus House. It was a wild good time.
We had a lot of fun staying a few nights and having a guitar fest. Amazingly all the kids got along really well.
I look forward to it every year. My Mom becoming a Witch for the Pumpkin walk. This year she decided to go with a pretty witch. Doesn’t she look beautiful in a witch sort of way? I always wonder how the kids will do even though I try and prep them for it.
Henry Loves it. Emma did WAY better than last year(just don’t look at her)
Oh yup there it is. Happens every year to one of my children. I think it is pretty hilarious, but I am sure I was judged by those onlookers. I tried to say Grandma out loud as many times as I could so they would understand.
I never cry.
We love the pumpkin walk. Emma even loved the boards this year and posed!
We grew our own pumpkins this year in our garden and it was so much fun to carve them! Henry of course hates the feel of it and makes himself gloves each year.
Happy Halloween!
Henry’s school had a costume parade. It was so fun to watch all the costumes parade around the whole school. Henry was a bat this year.
Henry with his teacher Mrs. Schmidt
Mason’s birthday party was a hit again this year. SO much fun to have a party to go to for Halloween.
Emma was a cute little green witch, but most of her face make-up was rubbed off the first 30 seconds. Charlie was a sad skunk who inherited my Dad’s freaky wig somewhere in the night. Jon was bah-humbug. I think it is because I made him be a banana last year…
The three boys still let us dress them alike this year. Not sure how long that will last, but they LOVED being bats. Can’t wait for next year!
Before trick or treating we went to Jon’s sister Michelle’s house for dinner. The kids and Joe we dressed so cute!
Emma giving us the thumbs up that she is ready to go out in the pouring rain and try and trick people into giving her candy!
Probably the shortest night of trick or treating we have had with the cold rain, but we still got a lot of candy and snacked on all that we didn’t give out.
Since Halloween was really on Sunday, we had a spooky Halloween dinner.
We made a snake pizza
and some other scary side dishes and then I invited everyone to come upstairs and I had a black light and glowing water (break open a highlighter and add to water-you can drink it, but it tastes nasty)
It was a fun, fun night.
November:
Family Picture time. My sister and I went together and just took pictures of each others family. Then we tried to take pictures of our own kids. It is always pretty hard, but it is nice doing it with cousins so they can try and make your kids laugh. Charlie wouldn’t have any of it though!
Love having the pictures, but I am glad we only try and do it once a year!
Caught this little cutie out in the rain
Made some apple turkey’s for FHE
Charlie gave himself a sand bath
We made an “I hope they call me on a mission” book for Jon’s parents. The kids mostly had fun dressing up
Jon and I even joined in on the fun and were an Elderly Couple on a mission
Charlie got tubes in his ears. He did really well and oh what a difference it has already made!
Our first snow fall we had to go out right then and make a snowman in the dark!
Then it snowed and snowed and snowed
So much so that School got canceled along with the Thanksgiving feast that the Kindergarten had been preparing for. Henry was so sad.
So sad that I invited his best kindergarten pal Ivan over and we made placemats and laminated them. Then had our own feast. (Henry had been painting his face all morning and didn’t do the best job of cleaning up-that is why he looks a bit scary)
Charlie on the other hand got the brunt of Henry’s artwork!
This year we got to go to Eden Utah to celebrate Thanksgiving as well as my Amazing Grandma’s 88th birthday. We got to stay close to my Lindsay cousins and take part in their incredible cooking. It was so much fun!
I helped make her a book of all the reasons that all of her family loves her. Emma was sitting close hoping she would share her black licorice!
This is how Emma and Sadie spent Thanksgiving dinner. They slept through the whole thing! Poor girls, it was the best feast I have ever had! The pie’s alone…I dream about.
We had fun playing in the snow and it was so fun to see all my cousins
We even crowded one million people into the hot tub
The last night we had a chocolate fountain and played minute to win it games. Henry got the great idea to use all the tissues from the game and stuff them in his clothes. Things got a bit crazy!
Staying in cabin’s and having your gourmet cousins cook for you for Thanksgiving is the way to go. Maybe we can do it again someday…
I just liked these snow pictures
December:
First present of the season! We got a book and a gingerbread house from my Grandma Lindsay-such fun traditions
Well our tree hunt didn’t go quite so good this year. There was so much snow we couldn’t get to our usual spot. By the time we pulled off and got ready to go, it was almost dark. Jon decided it was dark anyway so we might as well sled and have fun with the kids first. Problem was the snow was so deep it was almost impossible to even climb the hill!
The kids were done after a very short time so I hung out in the car with them while Jon the Mountain Man climbed the very steep/deep hill (it was up to his waist most of the time) into the dark abyss. Oh yeah and he had a hand saw and his trusty phone flashlight! He was gone forever, and it was so dark and I was pretty sure I could hear animal sounds…oh and I was trapped in a car with 6 kids. Jon though is some sort of superman and made it back alive dragging a huge tree! No tree has ever meant so much to him, no bad comments were allowed to be made about the shape of the tree-it was the most beautiful tree we have ever had!
We drove to Idaho to have a Christmas party with the Anderson side of the family
We met our adorable niece Savannah for the first time
And keeping with the Anderson Tradition we assembled humanitarian kits. The kids were really loving the toothbrushes and I had to go and get mine so Charlie wouldn’t break into the other ones!
We had some pretty creative costumes this year for the nativity
I got to narrate this year. It was nice.
We got to go to Church the next day with Grandma Price. Henry loved it because it was short church.
The next day we painted the parent’s house for their Christmas present. We were pretty happy with the results and hope they will feel the same!
It is crazy how a tree can transform with lights and decorations. Here is Jon’s big tree he sacrificed for after cutting a few feet off!
It was a magical night of decorating it after the initial pain of putting on all the lights!
There were a few tears over certain decorations, but overall a wonderful night.
We had our annual Jamba Christmas Party. We were pretty cozy!
We went ice-skating for the first time as a family. Thank goodness we could pretend to be helping the kids because Jon and I were REALLY rusty. I would have been embarrassed if I was using the walker without Emma, but I really needed it!
Just some pictures of us before church in our Christmas clothes
Christmas Eve was filled with an amazing dinner, a wonderful nativity and some musical talent!
As well as an always exciting cousin exchange.
We stayed at my parents house so we could join in on the fun Christmas morning.
I don’t know what it is about Christmas morning, but everyone always looks super tired!
The traditional Christmas picture by the fireplace that we have had since I can remember. We couldn’t open our stockings until we had this picture
The torture of eating breakfast before opening anything-Charlie did however manage to hold on to an M&M candy cane
So much fun opening presents!
Henry got a bow and arrow (suction cup) and a Karate uniform. He broke my parents little window on the door within about 5 minutes of opening it!
Even though it was sad all the snow melted, it was pretty fun to have a warm day to play outside with all the toys.
The day after Christmas is always so fun too. Entertained all day!
Just because he was being funny.
New Year’s Eve was FREEZING! We played outside anyway
Happy 2010! Here we come 2011!
3 comments:
Oh wow- this post must have taken you FOREVER! I think I would have given up about 1/3 the way through- good for you! This must mean that you are taking it easy and getting some projects done! I wish I was there to help you out- if you need me, please let me know. Flights to Salt Lake are cheap!
I loved looking back at your year- the zucchini toilet was hilarious!
Also, you found who Charlie looks like- I think it is right on- that is crazy!
Love you guys! Britt
Love the pictures!! I miss you guys... we need to come visit.
What a great year! I loved looking at the pictures. It is seriously so much fun watching you and Jon raise such adorable children, and now with another on the way it is so perfect. Being a mother is one of the hardest jobs on the planet ... probably the hardest job. You are an awesome mother in everyway. I'm especially happy for the little spirit that will soon be joining the Anderson Clan.
Post a Comment