Well we celebrated Jon’s birthday yesterday. It was pretty low key this year, but it was still fun. Henry was wrapping up all his toys in towels to give to Dad and we decorated with streamers and balloons to make things a little more fun. We were lucky and I was feeling pretty good, so we got to go to dinner at Hamilton's. Yummy! (Unfortunately I had some problems that night and am now on bed rest again! Bummer.) Happy birthday Jon!
Here are a few pictures from Jon’s past that I thought I would post. He was born on Feb. 10th-he is now 33. Yikes! We won’t say too much about that!
He’s a chunky little thing. Now you can see where our kids get their cheeks!
He says that he is never cold because he was born in Alaska. I am pretty sure that he gets cold more than I do though! He probably got his love for the outdoors from here.
I think that he could probably be Henry’s twin in this picture. I love that they look so much alike.
I just like this picture for some reason. He has the best smile.
He has a great story about almost dying from a rooster(not really, but it was traumatic!)-and this picture always reminds me of it.
He served his Mission in Russia-even though he doesn’t practice much we have a wonderful neighbor from Russia that he can reminisce with.
I love when he plays the guitar-he is so talented. If I am really lucky he will sing, but he really only did that to woo me when we were dating. (Just kidding)
One day I hope he gets to take up some of his old passions again. He sacrifices a lot for our family.
He LOVES to fish and has passed that passion onto our son. I hope that they are able to enjoy some of that this summer. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON! WE LOVE YOU!!!
10 comments:
Happy Birthday Jon!
Happy Birthday Jon - we love you too! Jon is an amazing brother and friend. I remember drives home talking in the car for hours just about everything going on in our lives. Jon is very easy to talk to and very easy going. He's an amazing dad too - I love watching him with his kids. He knows how to be crazy and silly very well, which is a great quality in being a dad but also in handling stressful times in life.
I love you Jon! You're awesome!
Happy birthday Jon!
I love to see those old pictures of Jon... it is adorable that Henry takes after him so much.
Happy Birthday Jon!
What a great father, husband you are. We are glad to have you part of our extended family.
Happy Birthday Bra! I know a good sale on tennis balls you can put on the legs of your walker. Let me know.
Hope all is well!
Kurt
Happy birthday to your hub! Yay for aging a year! Lovin the cheeks! And I absolutely MUST hear the rooster story! I'm already laughing! Bill and I had a few run-ins with roosters as well, they are ferocious beasts!
That sucks about being on bed rest, again! Take it easy for crying out loud! Which mission did he serve in?
Hey stud! You know Kade and I are crazy in love with ya. Hope your day was awesome with a little bit of bodacious mixed in.
luv the Kraus's
I'd love to hear that rooster story some time. Happy birthday Jon (you share the same on with my dad and ryan's cousin - isn't that amazing)
Happy Birthday Jon!! That is so funny how much your kids look like you in all of those pictures! You guys are awesome and I hope you had a great birthday!
Post a Comment