We had so much fun celebrating Emma's birthday. We had both sets of grandparents and lot's of Aunts, Uncles and Cousins! Luckily the weather was good so that we could grill hamburgers and hot dogs and let the kids play outside. We had a bug theme and the kids all got stretchy bugs and made caterpillar antennas. Emma was sweet and a good sport the whole time-wary, but a good sport!

Jon and I made the cake together and the night before we made the table cloth- we did it for Henry's first birthday too. We use it for every birthday and it is fun to see how much their feet have grown.

Emma, not sure about all the attention that she is getting.

She wasn't too interested in opening the presents. Henry loved doing that for her, but she was facinated by the ribbon-she was in some sort of trans the whole time. (she is also getting a bunch of teeth-thus all the drool)

She got lot's of fun presents from everyone-Thanks! She got a water table from us to play with outside, looks like all the kids except Emma really enjoyed that! She has played with it since and loves to dip her hand in the water side and then suck. Yummy-she is learning though that sand doesn't taste too good -good life lesson.

The balloons of course are always one of the favorites- Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Parrish

Not too sure about her antenna's - maybe she wanted purple.

Grandpa Anderson seems to like them though!

A little worried as we bring out the cake.

A whole family of bugs. Jon wasn't too sure if he wanted to wear his antennas, but we talked him into it! Good sport! I am trying to stop Henry from mutilating the cake before Emma gets to try.

Think, think, think....

Happy birthday to Emma, happy birthday to you... team effort to blow out the candle.

Not too sure about the situation. Touching, looking around, testing...

Going for it! She didn't really like her hands being so dirty, so it took a while to get to this picture!

This is when she noticed the head had a face. Now how to get to it.

Feeling a little sick now. Atleast the caterpillar is still smiling.

We forgot to give her a drink so she carried her sippy cup around with her the remainder of the night. Just in case.

This is how the party ended. Kids in the play room, adults playing guitar hero- it was a fun party.
13 comments:
What a cute cake and little girl! You are such a good mom making that fancy cake. My best is the rainbow chip special. Pretty sad I know. That is the cutest dress she is wearing. She always has the cutest clothes on. That is a good way to end a party:)
Oh, man! She's so dang cute. The picture of her where it matches side by side with the baby picture of Jon look just like him!!!
I love, love, love the cake. Cute idea!
Do you guys have a Wii and Guitar Hero? I'm soooo jealous.
No we don't have either, my brother and sister both brought theirs.
You did such a good job on the cake. You need to give me some of your crafty genes. I loved her little dress too, I can't get over how much little girl clothes are. Happy Birthday Emma.
The cake was adorable. I will have to remember that one. So sweet that little girl is.
I ment how cute little girl clothes are. That is what I get for not prof-reading my post.
Your cake was darling and so is your family. You are so talented. Jer and I love guitar hero too! So fun to see your family!
I don't even know where to start. The cake is so cute, Emma is darling. You do the cutest things with your birthdays. And I love the adult guitar hero idea, so much fun. We miss you guys.
Look at that cake! You are one amazing Mama! I can't believe our little girls are one:)
Hey Melissa,
Looks like a fabulous party! Fun stuff. Yes, Brittney and Steph have a blog. Their links are on my blog...check'em out.
Katy
I'm jealous of the cake....Matt's jealous of the TV
Happy birthday Emma!! She is so cute, we love and miss you guys a ton.
nat
This is Angie Carpenter, you guys used to live by us in the Meadows Ward, don't know if you remember me... I found your blog from Katie Young's blog. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that you have the cutest kids, they have such cute cheeks!! I didn't know that you had a little girl... she's a doll! Hope you don't mind me taking a look. :)
Post a Comment