It was one year ago today that I woke up heavily pregnant and went in for my c-section. We had a c-section with Henry (story will be told at later date), but we were hoping to be able to have a v-bac, but the doctor kept telling me that he thought the baby was too big. So finally one week before my due date we opted for the c-section because I wasn't progressing and they guessed she was around 9lbs, which is a higher risk for a uterine rupture. We were listening to Led Zepplen during the surgery and having a great time-it really was a good experience. Hearing her cry for the first time was a magical moment for Jon and I since we didn't get to hear Henry. When they weighed her she was 10 lbs even. We were glad we had the c-section! Here are a few photos from her first year. We are celebrating her birthday tomorrow with a family party so I will post those pictures later.

This is one of my all time favorite pictures. It just captures the moment.

Yup, she looks like a ten pound baby. She never even really looked like a newborn-cute huh?

Blessing day. We lost our camera a few days before so we only have the pictures we were given. She was a doll though and Jon gave a great blessing.

Emma, is just so sweet. You can just see it in her face. We just connect somehow, pretty sure we are going to always be close.

Sometimes I am a mean mom and like to dress her up to take pictures.

Sometimes I go a little too far.

Our little Chicken, she was so cute. We had a lot of fun on Halloween.

This is from when we cut down our Christmas Tree. She is starting to loose those cheeks now-I am going to miss them.
Happy birthday Sweet heart, we love you!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma! What a sweetie!
Melissa i can not beleieve Emma is already 1! She is such a cutie!!! I found your blog thru mitch and wendy's and i check in from time to time. I guess i will be seeing you when my mom comes into town next week. Cant wait! Love ya lots, your cousin, Kari
She IS a doll. It's fun to see pictures of her. I love that you said you and she are close. I kind of feel that way with my Emma too. There is something similar about us that connects me to her differently.
Wow, what a chub! She was such a cute baby, and still is! Xander never looked like a newborn either.
I love this post! The pictures with the pink glasses is fantastic! She really is such a wonderful little lady.
oh melissa, I hope jon can really turn on the scary factor, because she is to pretty, good luck, I luv ya
nat
Happy Birthday Emma. Why do our babies have to grow up so fast? It seems like they don't stay little long enough.
She is so cute, I can't believe that she is already one. And now she get to share her birthday with her new cousin, so much fun. I love you pictures, especially the c-section one because it is nice to see a happy one.
Post a Comment