Monday, February 1, 2010

Charlie’s Blessing Day

July 5, 2009

We had planned on blessing Charlie on the 5th of July so that Grandma and Grandpa Anderson could be there before they left on their mission.  I wasn’t really up for going to church, so the Bishop suggested that we bless Charlie at home.  My parents were so nice and volunteered to do it at their house and our family cooked all the food.  It was so much work and we really appreciate it.  It was really special for us to have so much family there.  Charlie was an angel and looked so handsome in his little tux.  I was going to use the one we blessed Henry in, but it was too big, so I found another one.  I was so excited.  Jon did a great job and gave him a really nice blessing full of great promises.  I know Charlie is going to be a pretty spectacular person-after such a spectacular entry into this world we wouldn’t expect anything less.  We love you Charlie.

IMG_8809

IMG_8687

Jon making a little speech before the blessing begins.

IMG_8686

Emma looking out the window waiting for everyone to arriveIMG_8695

Brittney, Tina, and Kenton discussing how cute Charlie is.IMG_8702

Proud Grandpa-as a side note, Jon’s Dad was fasting the whole day so that he could give us Father’s Blessings that night before they left on their mission.  It was a really neat experience for us and we appreciated the sacrifice.IMG_8704

Emma and I just hanging out.

IMG_8747

Henry and Emma have the same mouths. I wonder about Charlie-you can’t see his mouth.

IMG_8792

We didn’t get a very good family picture, but at least we got one!IMG_8766

Tina’s a great aunt!

IMG_8779

The boys of the family

IMG_8784

The girls are out numbered in the family.

IMG_8794

I love my baby Charlie.  Doesn’t he look so handsome?IMG_8815

The kid table.  It was such a nice day I loved eating outside.IMG_8829

Cute cousin Ellie

IMG_8836

Handsome Henry.  I think he looks so good in a suit.

IMG_8843

He had the magic touch.

IMG_8847

JaNae taking a turn.  Also a great Aunt!

IMG_8848

IMG_8850

Grandma helping Emma eat her ice cream. 

IMG_8882

Both sets of Grandparents.  We are so lucky.

IMG_8866

My parents

IMG_8883

Jon’s parents

IMG_8870

We are going to talk Jon’s parents into moving to Logan after the mission.  These guys are all going to become really close friends, I can feel it.IMG_8894

Charlie with some of his cousins on the Parrish side.  Taggart is only 3 days old here.  Tagg is on the left, then Charlie, then Jonathan.  They all have 2 1/2 months between them-crazy how fast they can grow.

IMG_8903

Charlie took a little cat nap

IMG_8916

Finally in comfortable clothes.

IMG_8914

Charlie and Taggart

IMG_8910

Emma loves a good four wheeler ride with GrandpaIMG_8917

IMG_8934

Taggart was born while I was in the hospital with my blood clots.  I was able to go and visit my sister Michelle after much persuasion and some evil looks from the nurses.  It was weird to both be there in hospital gowns-me in a wheel chair, her in a hospital bed-it was really good for me.  I made this hat for Tagg while I was there.IMG_8922

Jon and Charlie enjoying a nice summer day

IMG_8932

Happy Blessing Day Charlie, we love you.  Thanks everyone who came and joined us for the special day.  It meant a lot to have so many.  We love having our family live so close. We love you.

2 comments:

Anderson said...

Ok. Officially the cutest family picture at the top of the page- cute family helps I think. We are so glad to see these pics finally- it makes us miss you all even more!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you are coming back into the blogging world. I've missed you and I've missed seeing all the fun pictures you post. I need to find out how you made your blog into a book. Someday ... I want to do that. Looking forward to your next post :)