December 24, 2009
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas at my parents home this year. We decided to sleep over so that we could be with cousins and Grandma and Grandpa in the morning. Like always it is very chaotic but very fun.
Charlie started off the morning playing with the tree as usual. I am surprised the tree stayed standing and most the decorations are still intact.
After an amazing Christmas Feast (much like Thanksgiving Dinner) we do the Nativity. The nativity is always pretty entertaining. It is my favorite part of Christmas Eve.
Henry was a Shepherd and Emma was an angel again.
I’m not sure that Charlie and Jon really had parts.
My Mom narrates every year with a big book that she made a long time ago. Everyone else has music sheets and when we get to certain parts we all sing together.
Tagg was the youngest, so he was baby Jesus this year.
Emma and Henry were so cute with him.
This year Myles, Morgan and Micah were the three wise men. This is a big job because if you are a wise man you have to sing one of the “We Three Kings” verses as a solo in a voice as deep as you can. It is pretty entertaining-I look forward to it every year. That and singing “Good King Wenceslas” as fast as you possibly can. I LOVE traditions if you can’t tell. Even when people think we might be getting to old or to big to do a tradition, I force them to because I look forward to doing the traditions each year.
The kids listening to the orange story. After the Nativity we read the story of the Orange and we pass around several chocolate oranges.
Then we get to open one present. We draw names each year for a family and then the cousins draw a name as well and those are the ones we get to open on Christmas Eve. In our little family we also get to open a pair of Pajamas to wear to bed. Here Emma is opening her awesome new quiet book from her cousin Alivia.
Nothing better than enjoying some apple pie with your cousin on Christmas Eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment