Sunday, September 14, 2008

Crazy Days of Summer!

We have had such a great summer. Here are some random things that went on with our family. Henry getting himself ready to go swimming at 8:00 and night. Grrrrr.......He is sporting: Two life jackets (you can never be TOO safe!) a backpack, goggles, a fishing net, and of course a pink water balloon.Goggles down? Check. Ready position...wait my goggles are fogging up on me!
Pretend swimming/fishing is exhausting!Good to the last drop! Emma's new trick (it is going to be the death of me) is climbing up the bar stool and onto the counter. Today she is finishing off Henry's cereal milk. Yummy. I have found her in the sink, pulling out all my tissues, eating whatever is left on the counter, oh yeah and I found a rock the size of a golf ball in my garbage disposal when I turned it on last. Thank you Emma.We were able to put some newborn kits together for FHE. The kids had a lot of fun.
Emma liked to hold each one. Crazy hair I know.
Henry's favorite part of course was getting all the air out of the bags.
Jon's brother Joe and his wife Marilyn came to visit us for a weekend and we went to first Dam for a picnic. Emma was a doll.
Jon and Joe were giving me photography tips. Take pictures of people laughing. Oh it is so natural don't you think? What is so funny Joe?
Sometimes it takes me a little bit longer to get up in the morning. This was one of those mornings. I have a surprise for you Henry whispered to me in bed. Ta-Da!
Just in case you couldn't see what was going on...Yes he taped a bunch of his toys and random items from around the house together and to the the wall and window. What a masterpiece!
Henry was watching Curious George and the Jack Johnson song came on at the beginning. He told me he NEEDED his guitar. Oh yeah and I had to find Jon's strap for him even though it really doesn't fit onto that guitar.He played along like a champ. I guess air guitar is no longer good enough for him.I guess he is taking after his Daddy...Hopefully he doesn't get my guitar skills!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the suprise Henry made for you in the window. Thanks again for thinking of me the other day. Call me the next time you go to the park or if you ever just want to hang out, I am almost always home.

Michelle said...

Super funny Henry -- these are the pictures you can show him when he is older and you will all just laugh! Emma looks like a little angel. Oscar figured out how to climb up the swivel stool onto the bar recently -- luckily no permanent damage yet. It was fun to have you all over yesterday. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

That suprise ROCKED!!! I'm so jealous.

Love to see that you are having fun on Fridays again. I want to see something using Jello... it is a challenge.

My one complaint is that I can't click on your photos and see them at a bigger size. It is so much more fun to see them full screen.

We miss you guys... and the girls miss being called Sayer and Abidell ;)

khepworth said...

Henry cracks me up!

Referring to mattuck's comment about the pictures. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make them enlarge on my blog either. Drives me crazy! Any tips?