We got a few things done in our yard this year-it was a lot of work in the spring, but we are really enjoying the rewards now. I thought I would just share some pictures from around our yard.

I only have a few daisy's standing but for some reason they make me smile.

The front of our house. I am loving my little flower bed-according to Henry "it takes lots and lots of water, but they finally grew big"

This is a shot of our side yard, but you can see part of our backyard that we worked on. We leveled the back corner, laid black fabric, wood chips, lined the border with redwood timbers, and made three box gardens.

Shot of the house from a different angle.



Just some pictures of my favorite flowers. The purple ones are starting to die, but I love how fuzzy they are.

Our gardens. Let me just tell you the process we went through to make these bad boys. First we got some free wood from my parents. The wood was an old fence of a neighbor that my Dad had saved in their backyard for probably 10+ years. We brought it home and sanded it as much as we could-it was a LONG process! When we put them together a bunch of them were pretty warped, but we had already put so much work into it so we just made do. We are pretty happy though with the produce that came from the garden even though we planted very late in the season.

Our first corn of the season. I was worried because my corn all got knocked down from the fierce wind we had, I used some left over redwood by the roots to try and help stand them back up and I am happy to report that it worked!

These guys however are evil and have been eating everything in my yard. All my bushes are bare thanks to them. I have taught Henry though that they like to play with the chickens that my neighbor has in her backyard. He has been sticking them through the chicken wire.
Hee hee
6 comments:
I thought when I saw you taking pics that day that maybe you were putting your house up for sale. I'm glad it's just to show off your work. Love the flowers! It seems I can never get it right in our yard.
Your the cutest! I love your flowers and garden. If you hear someone in your yard tonight... It's just me stealing your yummy corn. lol
You are amazing! I am truly jealous of your wonderful yard and garden. Good going, girl!
Your yard looks so beautiful. I don't think I will let Mitch see the corn because he was after me all year to do corn. Your house looks great, I am feeling a little guilty, I haven't worked in my yeard since spring.
Your yard shows all the effects of you and Jon and your hard work. Its motivating to Mike and I because we have high hopes for our yard and our garden. Beautiful flowers ... someday I hope to have my own little flower garden.
Your flowers are gorgeous and props on the plentiful produce! My husband wants to do garden boxes next year, but I don't know that much about them. What are the pros and cons to doing the boxes versus the regular garden?
Post a Comment