Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!!

Well Mister Charlie, decided that he wanted to come a day earlier than planned.  He arrived at 8:11 am and he weighed a whopping 5lbs 7 oz and was 19 inches long. His original due date was May 24th and he came April 14th!

IMG_6602

I started contracting really hard at 4am this morning-I took a shower and by the time I got out they were five minutes apart.  I called Jon and told him to hurry and come to Ogden.  He walked into the operating room right as they were about to open me up! I was sooo happy to see him !IMG_6584

They rolled me into the NICU after I got out of recovery and got to see my sweet little boy.  I could only reach his little foot. It was so nice to see him out healthy and happy!

  IMG_6577bw

He has been struggling with his breathing a bit so they have been thinking of putting him on the ventilator.  They tried caffeine first and he is looking better, but it is still a possibility.

IMG_6616

Meet Grandma and Grandpa Parrish!IMG_6630

Meet Grandma and Grandpa Anderson!

IMG_6612

IMG_6627

Jon changes Charlie’s first diaper! He didn’t like it very much.

IMG_6636

Jon got to hold him for the first time.  I tried, but couldn’t quite make it to the NICU, I pretty much passed out, so they made me get back in bed!

IMG_6641

He looks so much like Emma here.  I love the sad face.  He has more of a cone head than either of our other kids because I actually went into labor and he was in the birth canal.  I love his hair.

IMG_6650

He is so sweet looking.  They weren’t able to give him a bath, so he is a little dirty still.

IMG_6663bw

I Finally got to hold him at 9pm tonight.  It was heaven.  He was so sweet and just held on to my finger with his little hand.  He would squeeze my hand and it was just an amazing feeling. So worth the time in the hospital.  We are so grateful for this sweet little boy and feel so blessed to have him in our lives.

42 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm fighting back tears. I'm so happy for you guys. I'm so glad that he's healthy and doing well. What a sweet baby. He does look like Emma...and I want to touch that hair! It looks so soft! :) Congrats!

Unknown said...

Hey guys, We are super happy for you! It looks like he won't be a procrastinator like all those people that wait until the 15th to send in their taxes... He just had to beat the crowd.

We are stoked for you, keep sharing photos, we love em.

Jen said...

Oh wow! Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy that he's so big. That is such a blessing. Are there more details about how he's doing? I'm sure it might take a couple days to know more.

How are you?????

R said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Now there can be a real countdown to when you get to come home. Maybe by then my tulips will have opened and it'll really look like spring on out street, although alta's dafadils are up so they'll be welcoming you home whenever.

Chelise said...

Congrats to both of you guys! He is so sweet and little! Glad to hear both you and little charlie are doing well.

Kawa Rangers said...

He is so perfect!! Congrats and hope everything goes ok in the next little while for him.

Adam and Aubrey said...

Congratulations! I guess no need to plan, he'll decide when he's ready! I love all his hair! What a handsome little baby. I hope he can come home soon. Keep us updated.

The Bucks said...

Congratulations!! He is so handsome! I'm so happy for you that you get to go home soon. Do they have any estimates on when Charlie will get to go home? I can't believer how big he is, for being that early. I guess he really didn't want to be born on tax day.

Emily T. said...

I'm so, SO happy for all of you! You did it!!! Congratulations. I hope the NICU time is very brief! He is so handsome. I love his hair too. You are amazing Melissa!

Daryl and Ashley said...

Congratulations! I am so happy you are both doing well!

Wendy P said...

He is so beautiful. The pictures are wonderful. The one of you holding his foot had me in tears. It's such a different feeling when you can't hole your baby. He looks so good. I hope he is not such a trouble maker now that he is here, than when he was in your belly. I love all his hair. He is an Anderson baby. He does look more like Emma. Congratulations! We can't wait to meet him.

Keslers said...

Melissa, congratulations he is absolutely perfect. I am so glad everything went well.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!! So glad he's here, and things are good. You deserve it- you've all been troopers. Happy day!

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

What a sweet little boy! I am so happy for you! I am glad you are both ok! You went through quite the ordeal! You are such an amazing momma!

Marci said...

Melissa he is beautiful. Congrat, and I am so happy that you are both healthy. And look at that hair. Congrats again.

Ariana said...

Congrats! He is a cutie! Glad all went well.

Holly said...

Yeah!! I am so glad Charlie is here. The pictures of you and Jon and your little guy are so cute. I am so grateful everything went so well. The picture of you holding his little foot is so sweet. We love you guys!

Jessica said...

Ahhhhh! I can't believe it - what a NEAT surprise! He is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!

Kari said...

Im so happy for you guys! Cant wait to meet him. Melissa let me know if you are staying in ogden, I would love to see him before you head back to Logan

Ashley said...

Yeah! He is here! I am so excited for you both. What a cute family! He was such a big baby for being so early. Keep us updated!

khepworth said...

Yay! Sounds like things are pretty good. Congratulations!

K&KH

Anonymous said...

Yea! Congratulations.... He is absolutely beautiful! I hope you both recover soon so you can come home and I can see you both. I have missed you.

The Kraus House said...

Yep I am a nerd, teared up reading your blog, I am just so glad he made it and is safe and you can go home. Congrats, we love you and will be calling you soon.

luv nat

mel said...

YEA! I am so glad everything is going good. He is so cute and actually pretty big for being so early. What a relief for you both. Welcome to the world little Charlie!

Morgan Parrish said...

Congrats Rachel and I are so happy to see that Charlie and you are doing well. Jonathan is excited to for his cousin, I think they look alike. Hope you two get home soon so we can hold him.

Masha Laurence said...

Sooo happy for you!! He is definitely a little Anderson baby, I can see the resemblance to Emma and Henry. He is a cutie bug, so glad that he is so big. Hope he won't have to stay in the hospital for long and we all get to see you soon. Get better soon! Lots of love.

JaNae said...

I love him already!!! He kind of looks like Emma alittle...maybe it's the eyes or the hair or something. I'm excited to see him:) Well done melissa!

geeno said...

Like so many others - I am also holding back the tears. What a great success story, what a beautiful baby boy, what strong and special parents he has! Happy day!

kkoyle said...

How wonderful for you guys. I totally got a Jamba Juice today in Charlies Honor!! Really it was a good reason! Take care of yourself and enjoy that beautiful little boy. Congratulations

Billy and Nikki said...

O melissa, I'm so happy for you and your sweet family. I'm holding back the tears looking at your beautiful pictures. What a little gift from heaven he is. He sure is a little fighter. He looks so healthy and he is absolutly beautiful. Congrats. How long will he be in the hospital?

The Schofields said...

Hurray! We are so happy for you! We are glad that little Charlie made it here, and is as healthy as he is! Absolutely wonderful! We hope Melissa's recovery is swift and will be without too much pain. We think you guys are great and can't wait to see you all here together again back in Logan!

Jen said...

He is adorable. What an ordeal, but he's here!! We love you guys and are so proud of how you handled your challenge.

The Schofields said...

Just another note, the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur museum is so very much worth the entrance fee! Henry will love it! (Emma will probably like the stuffed dinosaurs in the gift shop!)Little Charlie will sleep right through it! :-)

Ken and Marilyn Anderson said...

The pictures are beautiful. We especially love the ones with his grandparents. We were so happy to be there and to see him in person. And to be able to hold his little hand. We know he was trying to say hi to us and he was aware we were there. He is such a beautiful little grandson. Henry and Emma loved seeing the pictures today. They kept asking all kinds of questions like "how did he get out of mom's tummy?, "Is he back in mom's tummy?, etc. They said he was soooo cute. Thanks for all you both have been through to give us another beautiful little grandson. We love you like crazy,
grandma and grandpa Anderson

Janelle said...

WOOHOO!! How exciting to see our new nephew...can't wait until he can meet his favorite aunt and uncle in person. Congrats Anderson Fam!

Calder Family said...

Congrats!!! What a journey you have had! I'm so glad to see the little cutie just has an IV and Nasal Cannula! That is great in the NICU world!What a fighter he is, and the cutest hair! He is just adorable. I hope you are feeling better too! Passing out is no fun, I did that too.

Andie said...

I know it may not mean much amongst the hundreds of other Anderson family fans out there, but I think about you guys so much and am so glad that everything turned out okay! He is perfect! Melissa, you make strong babies and I know Charly is a fighter!- they must get it from you :) Hope you have a quick recovery and congratulations!

Michelle said...

I love him and I haven't even met him in person yet. I was showing Oscar the pictures and he said, "I want a baby too mom," and he just kept saying it over and over and was looking at my tummy as though there should be one there. It was cute. I hope we can have another one - what a miracle it is, and even though it was so hard and isn't over yet - it is worth every second when you hold them in your arms. I'm so happy for you and Jon. What a lucky little guy to be a part of your family and to have you and Jon as parents. can't wait to meet him. love you...

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a miracle and blessing! He is so sweet! Keep us posted on how things are coming along! I can't believe how big he was... and with all of that hair! Good luck with your recovery. My third c-section was my easiest recovery.
Jules

A house full of five said...

We are so excited to have Charlie here and so big, too! I know he is going to thrive, and soon he will be home with you. We love the photos, especially the black and white one of you holding his foot. What a sweet little boy.

How are you feeling?

Well, we can't wait to meet him, and are excited to see more cute pictures. All our love to the three (five) of you!!

A house full of five said...

Addison says he's happy to share his birthday with his new cute cousin!

Brandon and Lesli said...

Oh Melissa - I'm so happy for you guys! You are just amazing - and I can't imagine what that whole ordeal must have been like for you - i'm just glad that you finally get to have your sweet baby in your arms! I hope he's doing okay - That's so funny you met the Phippens at the hospital - small world/NICU:) He shares my Clara's birthday!