Thursday, April 2, 2009

Busy, busy, busy….

Well going on to my 7th week here at the hospital, I thought that I would share a little of what I have been doing to keep myself busy and sane.  I have been so lucky to have so many people help me to learn new skills and do projects to help me feel productive.  It is going to be a long post!  Here are my trophies.

 

Hats-Thanks to my amazing and talented friend Katie who taught me, brought supplies and let me copy her! As well as my sister-in-law Wendy who sent the hooks and yarn and a book about crocheting.

IMG_5860

I made this for Henry

 

IMG_5910

For two of my nieces birthday’s

IMG_5677

A baby gift for a neighbor

IMG_5682

Jon

IMG_6086

Fixed for Jon

IMG_5695

Emma

IMG_6116

Emma for Easter

IMG_5975

Baby gifts

IMG_6100

Charlie

Other things:

My sister’s Mother-in-law was soo nice and came to the hospital twice to teach me how to crochet around burp clothes and blankets.  Thank you, thank you!

IMG_5862

Cards and crafts! Thanks to those (Jessica, Nikki, Holly, Michelle) who brought me card supplies and put so much work into making card kits for me.  You guys are the greatest!

 IMG_6088

IMG_6090

IMG_6097

I have to also thank everyone who brought me books, movies ,treats, magazines, clothes, plants, nail polish, etc. to help brighten my day.  I appreciate and have LOVED all the comments and well wishing that have been left on my blog, as well as the phone calls and visits.  I just feel so blessed by so many good people who are looking out for our family.  THANK YOU!!!

7 comments:

The Bucks said...

I know it sucked being in the hospital, but it would so nice to learn new skills and get caught up on my scrapbook. Good luck on Saturday, I will be thinking about and praying for you and Charlie!

Masha Laurence said...

Melissa,
every time I look out of my kitchen window I think of you. Good luck on Saturday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hannah said...

Those hats are so cute! I can't believe how tiny little Charlie's hat is...that is a poignant picture! I wish you and Charlie the best on Saturday. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you and missing you at the Easter party.

Jen said...

You are so crafty! I'm highly impressed and jealous. I wish I could do stuff like that. Good luck tomorrow. I can't wait to hear how you and baby Charlie are doing.

R said...

way cute!! If you decided to sell some I want some flower ones for my girls. Knitting or whatever that is, is the one crafty thing I can't do.

Megan Mills said...

You are such a crafty person! I'll need one of those adorable hats for my baby next winter. Don't forget how.

Michelle said...

Wow, what great things you have accomplished in the hospital -- and now you realize that by showing us your handmade crafts we are all envious of your new skills - I definitely want to learn how to make some hats. So adorable. I heard you made a blog book too - is that true? I would love to learn how to do that. I heard you all had a campout at the hospital for Easter - I bet the Easter Bunny brought some great things for the kids :) These are the experiences you will all talk about when the kids are older and you say things like "remember when... we all slept in the hospital the Easter before Charlie was born ... wasn't that awesome!" "Remember when ... I'm sure there is much more to be said .... We are praying for you guys! We can't wait to have you back with the family. WE love you!