Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bringing Charlie HOME

We brought Charleton home on April 26th- only 12 days after he was born.  We feel so blessed that he got to go home so soon.  

IMG_6848

I can’t believe how tiny they look in the car seat when they go home-how soon he will fill the thing up!IMG_6860

One last shot of his little area in the NICU before we head home.  We met some pretty great people while staying there. IMG_6856

Our sweet little guy all buckled up and ready to go!IMG_6864bw

Driving into the valley, I had the biggest thrill inside of me.  I hadn’t been home in almost 3 months.  It was a beautiful sight! When we got home Henry and Emma were at church with Jon’s parents still, so we got to have a little time feeding Charlie and putting him up in his bed so we could see the kids first before introducing them.

IMG_6869bw

The mayhem that followed! It was the best moment ever.  The kids loved him instantly and were beside themselves with joy and excitement to see the baby as well as their Mom and Dad.  I can’t explain the happiness that I think we all felt.IMG_6873

Emma loves babies more than anything, so she was just giddy and happy the whole time to hold baby Charlie.IMG_6931bw

Henry was so happy too, and is amazing at always washing his hands by himself before touching him.  IMG_6957bw

Best thing in the world is watching your children interact with each other.

IMG_6915

We love this little guy.  He is such a mix of our two kids and just so sweet. We were lucky to have both sets of Grandparents visit him the day he got home.IMG_6892bw

Grandma Anderson

IMG_6912bw

Grandpa Anderson

IMG_6923bw

Grandma Parrish

IMG_6921bw

Grandpa Parrish (Henry was nice and is already sharing his toys with Charlie.  Notice the speed racer car on Charlie’s blanket.  How sweet)

IMG_6959

Do they come any cuter???IMG_6948bw

She is going to be the best big sister and helper.IMG_6956bw

She just might be the best kisser as well…IMG_6987

Early the next morning as soon as she woke up! We LOVE being together as a family at home again.

3 comments:

kkoyle said...

I love all the sweet-happy-warmfuzzy-pictures. So glad you guys are all home and together. Take good care of yourself and Charlie is just adorable. Congrats.

Jen said...

I've got tears ready to spill out... this is the sweetest thing. I'm so happy for you guys!

Masha Laurence said...

What wonderful pictures. Your post made me cry, it must have been tough for you guys to be apart for so long, we are so happy you are all safely at home now. The kids are so sweet with Charlie and the pictures are adorable.