Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mother’s Day

We didn’t get to do much for Mother’s day since everyone was sick, but it was a nice day anyway.  The night before I got to go out for ice cream with the Parrish girls-my Grandma Lindsay and Aunt Glenna were able to join us which was really fun.  IMG_7510bw Then Sunday I got to go to my parent’s Sacrament meeting while Jon watched all the kids so that I could hear my Mom give a talk.  She did such a great job and made me cry-not that it is too hard these days.  It felt great going to a full Sacrament meeting.  It was my first in 3 months! Crazy!

IMG_7509bw

Four generation picture.  Not the best, but it will do!  We didn’t get to go to dinner at my parent’s house on Sunday with the family because Charlie wasn’t supposed to be around many people.  So my Grandma, Aunt, and Mom came and visited the next day so that they could meet the new little one.

IMG_7502bw

IMG_7504bwIt was fun to see my Grandma meet Charlie.  Henry and Emma were really excited to show him off.IMG_7470  Since we didn’t get to go to my parent’s house on Sunday, I decided to to a fun project to keep the kids busy and everyone happy.  This is Henry’s FAVORITE he says.IMG_7471 I know it looks weird, but it is just Knox gelatin and food coloring.  I did it as one of my “puttin the fun it Friday” if you want the instructions on how to do it.  It is in the archives September 19, 2008.

IMG_7484

We had fun destroying it and even got Jon to touch the stuff.  If you know anything about Jon, he HATES getting his hands sticky(it wasn’t even sticky), but he was a good sport because it was Mother’s day!

IMG_7493bw

IMG_7494bw Then we had an amazing dinner and enjoyed some delicious pie! Yummy!

5 comments:

Katie Jane said...

I love all your pictures! Your family is seriously beautiful. I can't wait to see them all in person very soon!

Michelle said...

I love the expressions on your grandma's face with the kids. I bet that was fun for her to see Charlie. Its not everyday you get to have a grandchild. It makes me wonder if I will ever live to see that happen in my own life. It seems unreal to me! I think I started a little too late!

I will have to do that activity with Oscar - I bet he would love it - and Elaina too. Maybe we'll do that when we are getting too hot outside and need a break.

A house full of five said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day. I love seeing the four generations...

It must be the best present having a healthy Charlie home.

Love you!

Tim and Stacey Cardon said...

Melissa! I was at Sam Cardon's house for our family reunion and since he share's the lawn with you're parents I got to have a good conversation with your dad! You need to give me your phone number so I can call you next time I am that close!

Glenna and Bob said...

Okay Melissa, I miss your updates!
I love reading your blog and hearing about your family. It
was so much fun seeng you and the kids on Mother's Day. So happy Charlie is doing well. Thanks for
the picture of all of us.