We celebrated Emma’s birthday with a family party at our house. We also celebrated with her cousin Miles who shares the same birthday and turned one. We kept it really low key, since we had just returned from the hospital 5 days earlier. We just had pizza and cake and played outside-it was really good to be outside in the nice weather relaxing with family. Charlie luckily stayed asleep the whole time in bed up in our room-away from everyone.
I didn’t really have a chance to plan out a cake or anything, but my sweet neighbor let me borrow her cake pan the morning of. I wanted to do some sort of baby cake since she is obsessed with babies, but I just couldn’t think of anything that didn’t look like a baby shower cake. She is not really into Elmo, she knows who he is and everything, but she did love that Elmo was PINK so it worked out great.
Emma was spoiled this year and got a playhouse for her birthday. The kids loved playing in it and the woodchips quickly became food to serve up at the window.
Where’s Henry?
It was such a nice evening and the kids just enjoyed being outside and playing.
Look how cute and happy that little face is.
This picture just makes me happy with all the fun things that are going on. I LOVE being home!
Emma got a lot of fun things for her birthday. Thanks everyone! Do you like the wrapping paper? Yeah I ran out, so half is the cute stuff and the other is Christmas paper turned inside out. Ingenious I know! Ha
Emma is not usually one to smile for the camera-you have to catch her in the act of being happy!
Family shot-minus Charlie
I love the cheeks when she blows. We lit the candle many times for her to enjoy. Later she ate some of it. Yummy.
Baby Miles’s Turn. We switched the table cloth so it wouldn’t be so girly.
What Henry and Emma did while we sang to Miles.
She kept taking brakes and sitting in this position. I guess we forgot to say a prayer on the cake or something.
She just couldn’t help herself! Happy birthday Emma We love you!!!
2 comments:
She is so dang cute! I love your back yard. I can't believe the playhouse and that teeter-totter too - so fun. That's great for the kids.
It looks like such a fun party- I love the double b-day with a cousin- you always decorate so fun. She's a lucky girl!
Post a Comment