We packed up camp then did the famous Glacier drive. It is called "Going to the Sun Road." It was incredible. You
shouldn't be able to see views that beautiful from the road. If you can call it a road. The road was so amazing-just carved out of the side of the mountain. I am glad I wasn't driving so I could enjoy the scenery and not be scared of driving off the side!

Pictures just can't capture how amazing it was.

We stopped at Lake McDonald to have a picnic.

My sister Michelle and I posing after checking out the beach and giving it our approval.

Jon and Henry headed out to do some fishing. (it said on the website that Glacier is not known for it's fishing, but I read Glacier is known for it's fishing so I told Jon to bring his pole!) They didn't catch anything.

Here son let me show you how it's done.

My avid fisherman.

After lunch we drove to a cool part of the river to take a look around.


All four of my brother's ended up cliff jumping.
Brrr... This is Mitch and McKay. Sorry Myles and Micah but I wanted a picture with two people going at the same time!

Henry was impressed!

We had to stop for some road construction which was fine because it gave us a chance to get out and take some pictures. I am peeking my head out of our window. Can you believe that this is a two lane road???

Some more scenery from the car.

I usually don't like to take so many scenery pictures without someone in it, but it was all just to amazing. Notice the road over the fall.

The road and the mountain were just too cool. Can you tell how close we are to the edge of the mountain?

Finally a picture with someone in it. Hey Jon.

And then me.

We stopped for a snack at yet another lake before heading back to Mitch and Wendy's. Emma is just so sweet- I love that girl.

Henry had fun digging in the rocks. I love him too.

Emma and my Dad took a little stroll on the docks.

The way home. What a great way to End an amazing trip!
4 comments:
Man, this looks like a beautiful trip. I can't believe you got so close to the mountain goats and rams. Cool.
My only complaint is that I couldn't open any of the photos to a bigger size.... I hate that.... especially when the photos are so good.
Those are gorgeous pictures! Oh yeah... and the one that you said you and Jon looked homeless in? I actually thought, "What a great picture!" before I read your caption. Dennis and I never seem to take pictures of the two of us.
I am so glad that you guys enjoyed Glacier. We love it so much and were so happy to be able to share it with family. Love your pictures.
That looks super pretty there. I have never been but it looks like I need to someday. They went fishing off the coast of San Diego and yes that is my little bro Rob. He is all grown up!
Post a Comment