Wow, I can’t believe that it has been four years since our little boy was born. Four years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought that I had peed my pants. I laughed as I changed and thought about how funny it would be to tell Jon in the morning. Well after 3 times of “peeing my pants” I finally woke Jon up and told him I thought something was going on. His first advice was for me to “Call my Mom.” When I told my Mom, she told me to hang up and “call the hospital!” So after a blessing we were off to the hospital thinking there is NO way we are having this baby tonight. I was a day away from being 32 weeks. By the time we went to the hospital it had been about 3 hours since my water had broken. They saw that Henry was breech and then he became footling breech (foot in the birth canal) so labor started and they decided to take him right away-emergency c-section. They kind forgot about Jon and didn’t invite him in until they were almost started. He was frantically putting on his mask as the Doctors started cutting. Unfortunately they were chatting and forgot to check if I was numb. I was not! I could feel everything and started to yell, they were busy in conversation and didn’t hear me. Jon was putting on his mask and didn’t know what to do, finally the anesthesiologist interrupted their conversation to let them know for me. How kind! Immediately they put me under and kicked Jon out of the room. Neither of us were there for the birth of our child! Jon was able to see him though a few minutes later and learned that he was a rather large preemie. He was born at 9:52 am and he was 5lbs 8oz and 18 1/2 inches long.
I woke up about a half hour later and they were so nice to roll my bed into the NICU (there wasn’t much room) and let me see him. He looked exactly how I imagined. Chubby cheeks.
This picture is actually from later, he was on a respirator for the first few days.
He was off oxygen for a little while, but then his vitals just kept falling, so they put him back on and he had it for a month after we got to go home. He was able to go home on Feb. 22nd. Way earlier than expected. We were scared, but very grateful. Here are some photos from the past.
This is Henry on his blessing day. We blessed him when he was 6 months old-he didn’t have a problem gaining the weight! He has been in the 95% or above most of his life after he left the hospital.
Happy Halloween!
He just got fatter and fatter. I know he still has chubby cheeks, but we miss the REALLY chubby cheeks!
First Birthday! He loved the wheels on the bus song so we thought we would make him a bus cake. Don’t laugh it was our first attempt at making a cake!
Henry celebrates Two!!
Year Three! He was obsessed with little Einsteins.
He is now Four years old!!! He is now obsessed with fish. We love this little boy who is so full of personality and light. He gets so excited over everything that those around him can’t help but get excited too. We love you Henry!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Henry. Those pictures were so fun to see of him when he was younger. I LOVE all the cakes especially the fish tank. Did you make that?
OUCH! No numbing meds???? I didn't know he came that early.
Henry is such a cute kid. And I must say, you are quite the cake decorator. Very Impressive!
That sounds like a frightening delivery! I'm so glad to see he made it through ok! He is such a cutie.
I can't believe you have a four-year-old! How fun. I love kids' birthdays... they're the best. Hope you had a great time.
Call me sometime
I love you henry you stud!!! Happy Birhtday kido.
Love nat
He is so dang cute! What a scary birth story. That's why I refused to go to eirmc, I've heard such horror stories about that place. What would you do if you had a kid without big cheeks? Would he/she be shunned from the family?
I love Henry! He looks exactly like himself from day one...it's hilarious! Glad everything turned out okay...as I'm sure it will with this little stinker. Your boys just must be anxious little guys. 40 weeks is much too long. :)
Post a Comment