Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Wonderland

The Monday following Christmas, Jon and some of his brothers and sisters headed up to the slopes to do a little snowboarding.  Most of them hadn’t been anytime recently some 5-10 years, so they came back a little sore, but they all had a great time and no one got hurt.  Luckily, because some people who promised to not do anything stupid did a back flip and other tricks they shouldn’t have done since they hadn’t been in 5 years.  Anyway Henry, Emma, Grandpa and I had a little fun at home in the snow.

IMG_4441

Looks like they might be going a little fast by the look on Emma’s face.  This next picture is how fast they were really going.

IMG_4444

It was too fast and scary for Emma.  That is one nice Grandpa!  He taught Henry to say “mush, mush!”

IMG_4447

I love this picture.  Grandpa getting the mail and Henry just as content as can be.

IMG_4448

I love winter fun.   Henry just loves being outside, especially with Grandpa.

IMG_4451

Now for a different kind of ride.  I don’t know why Grandpa wasted all his energy on the first get-up.

IMG_4456

Henry does look a little nervous about it though.

IMG_4459

He loved every minute of it, and was out there forever.  He kept telling Grandpa to go faster.  I even talked Emma into going with me on a few rounds, no pictures of course.  She did say after though “four, four, FUN!” so I think it was a success. 

IMG_4458

Especially because this is where she wanted to sit for most of the time we were outside. Love ya Emma

4 comments:

R said...

what a cute grandpa!

Anonymous said...

That is too cute, they look so cute in their winter gear, and like they had a great day.

Jen said...

It's funny how Emma and Henry seem to take turns being the daring one. Like Emma doesn't mind getting messy and Henry can't stand it. They complement each other well!

geeno said...

oh those facial expressions are priceless!