Saturday, July 26, 2008

Monday- Boating with the Fam at Ririe

We loaded up the family and drove to Ririe Reservoir to spend a day boating. I didn't think we would be there all day, but we had so much fun that the time flew and we didn't get home until bedtime-Awesome! You can't tell from this picture, but the boat made Henry very nervous. Last year he LOVED it. Hopefully next year he will be back on the love schedule. Here is our little family waiting to take off on our first boat ride. I was surprised that Emma didn't mind the life jacket-it seems to be strangling her!


There was a great little shallow area that was perfect for the kids. Emma loves to be in the water, and I have the hardest time helping her not drink the water!

Most of the time Henry was busy "looking for fish" -pretty shallow water buddy.
The disappointment of not being able to find one is almost unbearable!

Emma feels for him while enjoying her cookie.
Grandma Anderson trying to protect Emma from the wind in the boat. I love the squishy cheeks and the crazy hair! She actually fell asleep like this a few minutes into the boat ride!
After I went wake boarding, Henry decided that he wanted to try going out on the tube even though he was pretty much terrified of the boat. Yeah, being pulled behind the boat on a tube in the water is way less scary!
He loved it though. Yes we are moving.
The glasses helped keep the wind out of his eyes. He was much happier and more relaxed after we figured this out!
Another sweet one of Grandma protecting Emma. She really enjoyed the boat and was a perfect angel.
Jon showing off his mad skills. All of his brothers and sister were trying to show off to each other, when most of them only go once a year. It was pretty fun to watch.

I haven't been pulled behind a tube in quite a while due to babies, so it was really fun flying around behind the boat.
No I didn't get knocked off here. My face took a beating, but I hung on! We had such a great day. I haven't had that much fun in quite a long time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one with you on the tube is so funny!

The Bucks said...

How come I live in the area, but I've never heard of these places? Does Ririe have a decent beach to play on?
I remember going boating with your family and getting whipped around on the tube. Your face brings back a lot of memories.