Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saturday - Anderson Olympics!

We all gathered (minus two) in Rexburg for an Anderson Family reunion at the homestead. Since there was so much going on I had to split it into days-in order to best cover the fun we had. Like was before mentioned, I took over 1,000 pictures. I mostly only included ones of our little family. I had some real keepers of the other members of the family, but figured I just couldn't put that many pictures up (sorry everyone else). So here goes.

We kicked off Saturday with the Anderson Olympics. Grandpa Anderson got pretty creative and even had a score card for each of us. Matt and Yvonne were kind enough to provide each team color coordinated uniforms. Thanks guys! Here are some of the activities that we competed in...

Golf Driving contest

Henry did pretty well


Jon did too. I did not so I am not pictured.
FORE! Grandpa Anderson about to kill the ball. We then played a game called Yolf. It is yard golf. It was pretty fun except that Jon and I did terrible so we don't have any pictures.
Henry taking a break after all the hard work golfing.
Mmmm...also taking a nice long drink out of the hose. There is nothing better.
Oh wait there is...Spraying the ball with the hose after taking a nice long drink.
We then had to feed all three baby calves with a bottle. You even got an extra point if you let the calf suck your fingers for 10 seconds. It was surprisingly rough! We all of course did it, except for Henry. He was a little scared to even feed the cows. Right after this picture he let go of the bottle and the cow almost got away with it!

I love old fences and and little boys.
Me taking my turn. Jon and I fed baby calves the first time that I visited his family. So it has a special place in my heart. Awww...
Trying to get Henry to give it another go around. He wasn't that excited, but at least he touched the bottle!

Water Ball Shuffle. Okay so this was probably one of my favorite activities. Jon's Dad made it up. We each had a hose and then we had to spray our ball around the trampoline and back before the other person. It was so funny.

It got pretty competitive.

Henry and Grandma Anderson even competed. I think Henry "won"
Team huddles. The game got switched up so that each team had a hose and when the whistle was blown the person holding the hose had to drop it and the team mate picked it up and kept going. Things got a little intense! Jon and I of course lost, we just aren't very good at games I guess! (Don't say a word Matt!)
We did get a prize for getting last place in Water ball shuffle. Henry is wearing our prize in this picture. Bad boys, bad boys...
Henry needed to get cooled off, but he did not want to get his shorts wet!
Emma woke up from her nap and went to explore the cows. She almost made it through the whole in the gate. She loved them!

BB Gun Army Snipers. The description of what we were doing before we got to Rexburg was Target shooting with midgets. This is what we found.
We actually did Okay. I even hit a few. I honestly didn't think I would hit any! We had fifteen shots. Jon fatally wounded one so we got an extra point.

This was my favorite though! Grandma Price is quite the shot. She shot several down-more than me I know!


Sling Shot Paintball Target shooting. Yeah I wasn't very good at this, although I got better a little later on in the week.
We had a target paper on the barn and we each had 5 shots to see what team could hit the most on the target. Matt and Yvonne are pro's since they are the ones who brought the game to us.
Handcart Races. Wow is all I can say. This almost killed everyone dead. The name of the game is this. The men had to pull their partner to the pond (pretty far) then they both pulled the cart back. On the way back Jon claimed he was probably going to throw up. Everyone was within seconds of each other, so it was pretty competitive. Dave did it twice because he went first and we had to change the course so we didn't have to run through mud(crazy!), Joe and Marilyn almost took out a poor tree, and Jon and I knocked over a fence post. We will never be competing in this competition again!
Emma just chillin on the bridge watching the carts go by.

Grandpa and Henry decided to compete on a little bit of a different course.

They took off on this...

And returned moments later on this. Pretty sure they had a better time than the rest of us!
Then the boys went for a little fourwheeler ride and Grandpa taught them how to chew on a little straw. So cute. Henry thought he was driving the thing all over.

We took a sweaty family picture in our uniforms after all the games were over. In front of the Land Cruiser of course.

That night we had a campfire in the backyard. Henry was pretty proud that he cooked his hot dog all by himself.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! You're reunion looks soo fun. I'm going to have to suggest something like this for our family's reunions.

You're an amazing photographer... everything looks so great. I really think Emma and Henry are dolls. I wish I could just drive over to your house today and hang out! (Too bad that it would take me until almost tomorrow to get there)!

Brandon and Lesli said...

Holy Cow - your whole week looks like it was so much fun! We always say that when we get together we need to plan things to do instead of just hang out the whole time - I think the family olympics would be so fun! PS one of my favorite memories of you is all your crazy old sky view clothes that you had to wear during dress up week in high school - you always had the best outfits for eighties and cowboy days too - so funny!

Masha Laurence said...

wow Melissa,
you guys know how to have fun. I love the picture of Henry snoozing in the chair and you guys racing on the hand cart. See you around, masha

khepworth said...

Love all the pics. The Anderson fam has always been high on our list. (although Kurt knows them better than I, Jon's parents are some of the sweetest people we know.)

Michelle said...

Melissa - an amazing post of the fam. thanks for all your work in taking pictures and the time to filter through some for this post. Have a fun reunion this week! I'm really enjoying getting to know Henry and Emma better. They are so adorable and its no wonder why with such great parents.

The Kraus House said...

What a good, good family. Thats all I can say. Other then luv ya guys and miss ya.