Well I made it back from Girls Camp Alive and very happy! I had a great time, everything went well and we only had a few minor problems-everything else went perfectly. I have the BEST husband in the world! He worked hard so that he would be able to stay home with the kids and work from home. He cleaned the house, bought me a ceiling fan I really wanted and installed it, painted a wall I have been wanting to paint, bought me a paper towel holder and installed it, fixed the key pad for the garage door (we haven't been able to use it since we moved in), washed all the clothes and packed the kids for our trip to Idaho. AMAZING!
Willow Flats!
We went to Willow flats near Franklin Idaho. It was so incredibly beautiful, I am defiantly going back with my family. We had the most perfect camp site (31) with hardly anyone else around. We had 15 great girls and four of us leaders with different Priesthood visiting each day.
I had to drive to get in cell phone range to get a message to a girls parent's and on the way back I was enjoying the beauty around me and noticed this. It went on for probably 3/4 a mile with shoes on every post. It made me laugh.
Our theme was boot camp-which was pretty fun. We had a WAR (capture the flag) where we used water balloons and marshmallow guns (PVC pipe) to tag each other. Then when you got hit, you had to go to the hospital and the girls who needed to pass off bandaging or carrying an injured person took care of you- then you were back in the game. It was pretty funny to watch! I got to take the pictures.
After the war, the Priesthood brethren who were visiting decided they wanted to do an ambush when the girls got back to camp. So they had them stand around the fire pit linking arms and circling trying to read something in the pit. Then they hit them with buckets of water and water balloons. Of course it turned into an all out water fight. I was lucky enough to catch this little sequence of events! Notice the girls faces!

The hike as usual was treacherous we had a lot of girls really struggle. It was so beautiful though- the first part we were along the river and were able to cross a lot of bridges-some were actually kind of scary but mostly fun.
We had several injuries along the way. One girl forgot that she had been "storing" her earrings in her shoe until one went through her FOOT! Another had back surgery not that long ago and so she needed to turn back, and a non-member girl (so cute) that came with us first twisted her ankle she had sprained 4 days earlier, and then twisted her knee on the other leg! Poor girl- it turned out to be a neat experience though.
This is my reward after the long hike. Unfortunately the water was SOOOO freezing cold I could only leave my feet in for a few seconds at a time.
It was the last day of camp and we were all looking a little like real prisoners.
The coolest thing about camp was what I just heard yesterday. The girl who came with us decided that she wants to be baptized! She is starting the missionary discussions this week.
4 comments:
How did you manage to look so cute at Girl's Camp?
That's awesome the girl wants to be baptized.
Sounds like you survived...nice pictures as usual. Excited to see you guys soon:)
How fun! You guys did a great job planning so many different things. Girls camp can go either way and that looked like it was tons of fun. You really do look amazing...skinny minnie!! When do you want to do lunch. I miss your cute face.
Looks like you had fun! And i have to say, im very impressed with all that Jon got accomplished while you were gone
Post a Comment